Tuesday, May 08, 2012

From the Clouds

By Isabelle
Photo: Wildy


“It is difficult to enjoy the first jump. Although it is what you have wished the most, you are too tense”. Thus it begins our dialogue with Teider Brooks Deller, a member of the Club of Aviation of Cuba and a parachutist of great experience.
“You begin to enjoy the fall and the adrenalin unloading after the second attempt. Then you are able to perceive your companions, the surprising view and to feel that it is the most pleasant of sensations. Once you begin, and if you like, it gets possession of you. It becomes a sound dependency”.

 Although there are many people dedicated to parachuting, it is not known much about its characteristics and way of practicing it.

 “I arrived there by answering a call while I was in the Military Service”, Teider remembers. “At first I preferred piloting, but medicals found me unfit for that job.

”Then I dedicated to parachuting as the best alternative to be able to be nearer an airplane. However, as soon as I began I liked it so much that I have dedicated my life to it and today I have more than 1210 jumps”.

His robustness tells of many hours doing exercises. That is one of the essential aspects in a parachutist’s training, and so Brooks explains:

 “The optimal physical shape is acquired through the advance of training. This process, more than rigorous is continuous. Every day of training contributes, among other things, to sharpen reflexes and to improve the time of reaction before an unforeseen circumstance.

No comments: