Sunday, October 27, 2013

They Say About Reading



Some high school students express their opinions on what they like to or not like to read.


José Gabriel Rodríguez
José Gabriel Rodríguez.16 years old.
"I like to read. I got the habit from my dad, who devotes a lot of time to be interested in any subject. I do not, I prefer things on the history of Cuba. Even now, although I have to study subjects related to my major, I prefer such readings, I love learning about the past."







Yunior Palanco
Yunior Palanco.15 years old.
"I look for any subject I think it's interesting: adventure, horror and fantasy. But this year I've had to devote more time to books related to my major and therefore I do not get through other things as before. Although I have not lost the habit of going to the Book Fair and buy new literature for when I have time to read it."






Yordán Labrada
Yordán Labrada.16 years old.
"I think young people now prefer other ways of entertainment before than reading; music, for example.When I am bored or when I want to have fun I never think about reading a book, I go directly to the music. I dedicate my greatest attention to it, and of course, working on the computer.
"Now, as I began to study nursing, I do have to study enough and these are the only readings I do, those related to the subjects of the major. Aside from that, music, computer and more music".



Alejandro Bello
Alejandro Bello. 15 years old.
"When you finish high school and enter the University or other studies, you only read the stuff related to that. In my case, I only look in books of school and the Bible, because of my religion.
"In general, I confess  I do not like to read, I find it boring; Maybe it is because I have not tried to look beyond what I always get through."





Maikel Yordán Ferreiro
Maikel Yordán Ferreiro.16 years old.
"It is true reading improves your spelling and vocabulary, but really it is not something young people prefer. Now because of my major I have to read out of obligation and deeply, because if not, you don't learn. But earlier, in high school, we were going to the library when we have some homework or a paper assigned.
"In addition, teachers did not motivate you to do it, everything was very mechanical and also the idea of sitting in a library, ufffff!"

No comments: